Travelling Books Program
What is BookCrossing?
It’s the World’s Library. It’s a smart social networking site. It’s a celebration of literature and a place where books get new life. BookCrossing is the act of giving a book a unique identity so, as the book is passed from reader to reader, it can be tracked and thereby connecting its readers.
The process is very simple:
- print BookCrossing labels and attach to the front of your books
- print a book plate (your own or the GCWA customised Bookplates) and glue to the inside cover or first page of the book
- login to your BookCrossing account and register the book/s
- write the BookCrossing BCID number on the label and bookplate
- pass your book/s onto a friend or a stranger
- or leave your book/s in public spaces, eg. bus stop
- follow your book/s journeys on BookCrossing.com
- comment and connect with your book/s readers
Participating in the GCWA Travelling Book Program
You can donate copies of your pre-loved books at any GCWA meeting. It’s a great opportunity to clean out your bookshelves (to make room for new books of course!) and share those books with new readers.
You can also donate copies of your own works so your book/s can be discovered by new readers. Who knows where your book may travel to?
GCWA will register, label and release the books you donate for you; or you can opt for the DIY version.
You can create your own account, register, label and release your own books (both pre-loved books and copies of your own work).
If you want to help promote GCWA at the same time, download and print out the BookCrossing GCWA Bookplate (A4 with 4 to a page).
Print BookCrossing cover labels (download the image below). Labels are easy to set up and print with Avery Address label templates or whatever brand labels you are using.
Or you can pick up labels and bookplates at GCWA meetings.
Release your books into the wild…or pass them on to friends.
Follow your book listings on BookCrossing and see where they go!
BookCrossing…the Karma of literature