If you or your company would like to support the Gold Coast Writers’ Association, please contact the president with your proposal.
The GCWA current wishlist includes:
- Marquee for outdoor events (3 x 3 metres)
- Laptop computer
- Brochure holder / display stand
- Sponsorship of competition and events – cash, product or service prizes
To read more about the association and the benefits of a sponsorship association please read the additional information below provided in our ‘Business Case’.
The Gold Coast Writers’ Association (GCWA) is a volunteer not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting and encouraging writers in the Gold Coast / South-East Queensland / Northern NSW regions. The association was founded in 1990 by Ray and Mary Maclaren and was originally called Writers at the Fair (WATF) as meetings were originally held at Pacific Fair.
We have around 160 members whose interest and skill levels range from ‘interested in writing’ to successfully published authors. Our members interests cover all writing genres and range in age from youth to elderly with the majority in the mid-range.
Our main income source is our membership fees, supported by raffles and periodic workshops. GCWA has also received several grants in the past from RADF to assist us to present workshops for members on various topics of interest to writers.
Value to the Community
The GCWA are committed to fostering writing across all genres, and encouraging writers of all skill levels. We value creativity, professionalism, cooperation and community involvement.
GCWA activities include providing professional development opportunities for writers, encouraging networking at meetings and functions, improving writing skills through mutual critiques at small sub-group meetings, and assisting promote writing opportunities such as nationwide competitions and writers festivals.
Writers often work in isolation – our aim is to provide various opportunities for writers to meet in person, network, interact and share learning experiences.
Our committee is a hardworking, dedicated team with a ‘can do’ attitude and a strong desire to assist local writers. The teams skills and experience include legal, accounting, marketing, photography, journalism, website design, project and business management.
Our contribution towards furthering the recognition of writers in the region is significant, including assisting with book launches, book sales, book reviews, marketing and promotion of local writers through our website and social media profiles (FaceBook, Twitter, Meetup and YouTube).
Planned events for 2013 include a writers festival, adult and children’s writing competition, and a literary luncheon with Ray Martin as our keynote speaker, as well as our regular monthly meetings and writers support group meetings.
Business Partnership / Sponsorship Benefits
Partnership Benefits Offered
- enhanced corporate image and brand recognition in the community
- cross promotional opportunities on GCWA website, social media pages and promotional material
- access to complimentary tickets for GCWA events
- cultural stimulation, bringing improved staff creativity, vision and morale
- competition naming rights
Partnership Benefits Sought
- long-term financial and in-kind support to assist with updating office equipment and general running costs
- access to wider corporate networking connections leading to mutual promotion
- one-off or on-going financial assistance with cash prizes for competitions
- a permanent meeting venue at low or no cost
Please contact us if you would like to meet to discuss a partnership arrangement or sponsorship opportunities.